Document effective 1 February, 2017
Definition of Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” refers to any information, such as name, email address, phone number etc., that can specifically identify an individual customer. In addition, any other information that is not directly related to the customer, but still can identify them through association, is also considered as Personal Information. We obtain information from customers through questionnaires and this website.
Usage of Personal Information
We may use any information obtained at the time of registration, purchase, newsletter sign up, surveys or marketing communication response, web browsing, or usage of other site features, in the following ways:
- For sending periodic emails regarding the ordered product(s), other products and services.
- For improving our Website to better serve the customers.
- For correspondence purposes, such as responding to customer inquiries
We shall not use customer personal information for objectives other than what both parties have agreed upon. In any event where Personal Information is used for objectives outside the agreement, permission from the customer shall be obtained.
Protection of Personal Information
All necessary measures will be taken to maintain the security of Personal Information. This includes the maintenance of the security system and the further development of the company structure.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Any Personal Information shall not be disclosed to a third party except in the following situations:
- If prior consent has been obtained from the individual
- If outsourcing to an outside party to provide services to the customer is necessary.
- If Personal Information is offered to a third party as data that was statistically processed to prevent disclosure of an individual’s name.
- If agreed upon by both parties that the Personal Information will remain confidential, will not be redistributed, and will share responsibilities in the event of an accident etc., and that the third party secures the Personal Information the same way Hirota Glass Inc., Ltd. does.
- If Personal Information is requested by government offices including the Ministry of Justice, the Public Prosecutors office, and the police.
- If Personal Information is required for the protection of a person’s life, safety or property.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Deletion of Personal Information
Request for a change or deletion of Personal Information in our database shall be done through our website. We will follow appropriate procedures such as asking for personal identification before making any changes.
Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-0013